Day 1 - Cluster Tours
On the first day of the 20th TCI Global Conference 2017 we will meet at the Bogotá Chamber of Commerce (BCC) auditorium for a the welcome address. At 9 a.m. the cluster tour buses will depart and will return to the BCC auditorium in the afternoon. In the evening the TCI General Assembly will be held in the conference venue at the BCC.
The Cluster Tours will allow you to learn firsthand from the manager of the cluster initiative and its most representative companies (government and academic actors) how the Bogota-region cluster initiatives work and the results that have been achieved so far.
Cluster Tour contents:
- The cluster’s relevance in the local, national and international contexts.
- Cluster initiative’s governance.
- The BCC´s role.
- Most representative projects led from the cluster initiative.
- Benefits brought to the firms and the city-region.
- The mistakes that have been made.
- What´s missing to take the cluster to the next level.
Available cluster tours:
Given the diversity of Bogota-region's economy and the commitment to these development agendas, at the moment the city-region has 16 cluster initiatives in different economic sectors. To provide a comprehensive experience to the participants, the following Cluster Tours are available:
- Bogota, fashion experience (Apparel, Jewelry and Leather & Footwear clusters)
- Energy and construction for sustainability (Electric Energy and Construction clusters)
- Bogota, touristic and gastronomic destination (Business & Events Tourism and Gastronomy clusters)
- Strategic alliances for better business (Graphic Communication and Cosmetics clusters)
- Bogota, fintech city (Financial Services and Software & IT clusters)
- Introducing innovation in a traditional industry (Dairy cluster)
- Biotechnology hub (Health and Pharma clusters)
- Creativity, a catalyst for Bogota's economic development (Creative & Contents Industry and Music clusters)